Sport Pilot Flight Instructor
Share the experience and teach someone how to fly!
Overview: The Sport Pilot Flight Instructor Course focuses on the fundamentals of instruction for Sport Pilot Students. This course gives the student an opportunity to practice and hone their teaching skills and helps them gain a deeper understanding of previous courses. This certificate allows you to give flight and ground instruction, endorse Sport Pilot Students to take practical and written exams, and give flight reviews.
Enrollment Prerequisites: The student must have either a Sport Pilot License or a Private Pilot License. To be eligible for the exam, the student must log at least 150 hours of flight time as a pilot, 100 of which must be as PIC (pilot in command) in powered aircraft, 50 of which must be in a single engine airplane, 25 of which must be cross-country flight time (10 cross-country in a single-engine airplane), and 15 hours which must be as PIC of a single-engine airplane that is a light sport aircraft.
- Introduction to flight from the right seat
- Emphasis on fundamentals of instructing
- Pre and post flight procedures and briefings
- Airport operations
- Takeoffs & landings from the right seat
- Fundamentals of flight & performance maneuvers
- Emergency & special operations
- Learning process
- Elements of effective teaching
- Student evaluation and testing
- Course development
- Lesson planning
- Classroom training technique